3 days/ 2 nights
Visit a natural wonder
June to November
Between 20°C and 30°C
Discover Caño Cristales, one of the natural wonders of Colombia.
Understand why the river has 5 colors.
To walk in different paths of the National Natural Park La Macarena.
Observe birds, monkeys, anteaters, turtles, caimans, even pumas!
Share with the locals during a folkloric evening.
Taste typical dishes served in the traditional way.
Support solidarity and eco-responsible tourism projects.
09 83 61 62 03
DAY 1: Departure by plane to La Macarena. Welcome and visit of the village and the surrounding sites.
DAY 2 : Hike by one of the 4 paths.
DAY 3 : Another visit to the Park of La Macarena by another of the 4 paths. Return to the town of origin.
DAY 4-5-6 : Possibility of extension of stay on 1 or 2 additional days
Day 1: Arrival at the Macarena
The Serranía de la Macarena is a landscape that is admired for the beauty of the waters at Caño Cristales, where the colors of the rainbow seem to have fallen from the sky.
- Morning transfer to the airport to catch the flight to La Macarena.
- Welcome and transfer to the hotel.
- Presentation on the natural reserve and lunch in the village.
- Visit of the surroundings of the village of La Macarena and/or Caño Cristalitos.
- Refreshing bath on one of the rivers.
- Night in La Macarena.
Day 2 : Caño Cristales
Known as the most beautiful river in the world, the endemic algae called macarenia clavigera give it a yellow, blue, green, black and red color.
- Excursion by boat of 20 minutes in the Guayabero river to observe the landscapes and the animals of the region: birds, turtles, caimans with glasses etc.
- Transfer by car to the starting point of the tour.
- Walk in the park to appreciate the river of five colors, an incredible creation of nature.
- Typical lunch served on fiambre plantain leaves.
- Return to La Macarena.
- Folkloric evening with music, traditional dance and local gastronomy.
- Night at the Macarena.
Day 3: The most beautiful river in the world?
The ecosystem of Caño Cristales is unique in the world but also very fragile. All chemical products are forbidden there!
- Travel by boat from La Macarena and then by car to get to Caño Cristales.
- Second walk in the Park on a different path than the day before.
- Return to La Macarena.
- Lunch in the village (depending on flight departure time).
- Transfer to the airport to take your flight back to the city of origin: Bogota/Medellin/Villavicencio or Cali.
DAY 4, 5, 6 : POSSIBLE EXTENSION
It is possible to stay 1, 2 or 3 extra nights in this wonderful site!
Contact us for more details!
This price includes :
Domestic flights Bogota – La Macarena – Bogota in economy class and regular airline
Accommodation for 3 nights in the type of room and in the hotels mentioned or of similar category (according to availability) with breakfast
The meals mentioned in the itinerary (excluding drinks)
The visits and activities indicated in the program in Spanish-speaking shared service (groups of up to 10 people).
Possibility of an English-speaking guide in option.
All land and river transportation in shared service with a Spanish-speaking driver.
French-speaking telephone assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Estimated price per person based on 1 participant.
This price does not include:
Macarena tourism tax.
Tips and carrying luggage.
Meals not mentioned in the program.
Visits, excursions and activities not mentioned.
Colombian VAT in accommodations (foreigners are exempt).
International payment fees (possibility to pay by bank transfer without fees).
Cancellation and repatriation insurance (please consult us).
HELPFUL BLOG ENTIRES
you might also be interested in…
13 days/12 nights
à partir de 2 050€
This off the beaten track discovery tour of Colombia will reveal the treasures of this ...
14 days/13 nights
à partir de 1543€
Observe tropical animals, meet the locals and visit Colombia from north to south in this tour ...
5 days / 4 nights
à partir de 530€
See animals, meet the locals and have an unforgettable experience for the whole family with a ...
Your tailor-made stay
each trip is unique
Magelia Colombia accompanies you for a unique experience in Colombia. You will benefit from a privileged contact who will be able to guide you throughout your stay!
WE TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING
Globe trotter or local child, at Magelia Colombia we know how to realize the project of your dreams because we know Colombia!
Child of the country