MAGELIA COLOMBIA SAS undertakes to apply the following biosecurity protocols in Colombia in order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, in accordance with resolution 666 of April 24, 2020.
Biosecurity protocols against COVID-19
In agency facilities
- Set up a hand cleaning and disinfection area at the entrance to the branch and in the visitor reception areas with 70% hydroalcoholic gel and disposable towels.
- Clean and disinfect common areas, corridors, doors, bathrooms, tables and seats, among others, before the start of activities, with disinfectants with virucidal activity.
- Provide mask, hydroalcoholic gel, paper towels and other items for cleaning and disinfection to agency staff.
- Ensure social distancing, providing at least two meters between jobs.
- Encourage telecommuting as much as possible.
- Replace physical internal or external meetings with video conferences.
- Have online product and service catalogs to minimize the time customers stay at company facilities.
- Use a protective mask in all work areas and during any interaction between workers and suppliers.
- Cough or sneeze into the elbow, avoid touching your face, mouth, nose and eyes.
- Do not come to work if you have a fever, cough, runny nose, fatigue, shortness of breath or general malaise. In this case, the worker must contact his EPS and report his condition to his immediate superior; he must return to work, once recovered and presenting the corresponding medical certificates.
- Avoid physical contact, do not shake hands and do not kiss.
- Keep windows and doors open.
- Read and respect the biosecurity protocols defined by the agency.
During tourist tours
- Check that, if the tourist destination is an open place, it guarantees social distancing of at least 2 meters between people.
- If the place of visit is closed, check that it guarantees the maximum number of visitors it can accommodate according to the authorized capacity, then ensure the minimum authorized distance of 2 meters between people.
- Check that catering services, accommodations, as well as tourist attractions, comply with the biosecurity protocols defined for this sector and obtain information on the measures adopted by territorial or ethnic authorities.
- Guarantee before each trip, the cleaning and disinfection of the transport vehicles in which the tourists are mobilized, whether land, sea or river, in the terms established in the transport activity protocols.
- Require that, during tourist visits, guides and drivers wear a mask and wash their hands with soap and clean their hands frequently with hydroalcoholic gel. Ensure the cleaning and disinfection of binoculars, cameras, microphones, audio guides, maps, mobile phones, harnesses, helmets, gloves, at each use and at the end of the day.
- If for long distance or logistical reasons the agency cannot directly provide the personal cleaning and disinfection items to the guides and drivers, the agency will allocate a sum of money which will be deposited by bank transfer on the account of the guides and drivers before the services so that they can purchase these items themselves.
- Determine the number of people authorized per group and per guide between 4 and 6 people.
- It is recommended not to use air conditioning in vehicles and prefer natural ventilation, keeping the windows open.
- For social responsibility reasons, visits will not be made to communities that do not have cases of COVID-19, in order to protect them from the virus.
- Require travelers to wear a protective mask at all times, as well as hydroalcoholic gel, disposable tissues, a bottle of water and a plastic bag for waste disposal. In the event that the place visited does not have a waste disposal area, the waste must be kept until it can be disposed of in an appropriate place.
- Ensure the use of the mask in all public spaces and where interaction between tourists and operators is generated.
- Apply a self-assessment survey of symptoms and one of the pre-existing high-risk conditions for COVID-19 before the start of each trip, which must be completed individually by each traveler before entering the country, specifying a contact emergency.
- Download the app CoronaApp upon arrival in Colombia , fill in all the information requested therein and keep the application activated during the entire stay.
- Fill out the Migración Colombia form at CheckMig 24 hours before departure and minimum 1 hour before the flight.
- Inform travelers of the content of this biosecurity protocol against COVID-19 and other regulations established by the authorities of the destination to which they are heading.
Hotels and restaurants
Magelia Colombia S.A.S undertakes to only take services with hotels and restaurants approved by the competent authorities, respecting all biosecurity protocols and for which the relevant documents will be requested before booking the establishment.
Response to a possible case
In the face of symptoms of the virus such as fever, dry cough, breathing difficulties, loss of smell and/or taste, do not go to the hospital or to the doctor. Please isolate yourself in the hotel where you are while the competent authorities tell you what to do.
Please notify us at the 24-hour hotline number as well as the Colombian health authorities at number 192 throughout Colombian territory and 123 from Bogota.
Inform your travel insurance to be able to carry out the PCR test as soon as possible, as well as follow the relevant security measures.
COVID-19 in Colombia
If you are planning a trip to Colombia, be sure to read our articles COVID in Colombia, what you need to know before your trip.