The conditions of sale apply exclusively to trips organised by MAGELIA COLOMBIA SAS and in no case to sales of air-only flights (flights only), nor to the sale of trips organised by other tour operators or travel agencies, for which their own conditions of sale apply.
1. REGISTRATION AND BOOKING
We would like to create for you a tailor-made trip adapted to your wishes. Any request for a quote can be made through a travel agent or by contacting Magelia Colombia SAS directly by phone or email (see our contact details here).
Once you agree with the travel proposal, you will receive a registration form.
Registration for one of our trips implies your unconditional acceptance of our General and Special Terms and Conditions of Sale. This registration is done by completing and signing the registration form before returning it by email to Magelia Colombia SAS.
In order to confirm your order, the registration form must be accompanied by a deposit of 30% of the total amount of the stay (ground services) as well as 100% for flights. The receipt of this deposit only implies the reservation of the stay within the limit of available places. The balance of the stay price (70%) must be paid 35 days before the departure date. If the balance of the stay has not been received 29 days before the departure date, Magelia Colombia SAS reserves the right to cancel the booking without compensation.
If the stay takes place during the high season (from December 15 to January 15, during Holy Week and from July 15 to August 15), the deposit will be 50% of the total price of the stay (excluding flights).
In the event of registration less than 35 days before departure, the full amount (100%) of the stay will be paid at the time of registration with Magelia Colombia SAS.
Payments can be made by bank transfer or by credit card via our online payment platform PayU. The online payment fee of approximately 3.5% is to be paid directly on the payment platform and is not included in the travel proposal.
Magelia Colombia recognizes that the customer is the sole owner of his personal data. Magelia Colombia makes every effort to protect the privacy and confidentiality of its data.
With the acceptance of our general and specific terms and conditions of sale, the customer authorizes Magelia Colombia SAS and PayU (our online payment platform) to process his personal data in order to:
- Verify the customer’s information with third parties such as the bank issuing the payment card, in order to validate and process the customer’s payment to Magelia Colombia SAS through the PayU platform.
- Use data provided to PayU by third parties to reduce the risk of identity theft and bank fraud
- Offer the customer after-sales assistance
- Contact the customer if necessary
- Store the customer’s personal data for the time allowed by commercial and privacy laws.
In the event of cancellation by you, the refund of the sums paid will be made according to the following conditions:
- More than 120 days before the departure date: 5% of the deposit of the land part will be retained. Flights are not refundable.
- Between 119 days and 90 days before the departure date: 15% of the land portion will be retained. Flights are neither refundable nor modifiable.
- Between 89 days and 60 days before departure date: 20% of the land portion will be retained, flights are non-refundable and not subject to change.
- Between 59 and 35 days before the departure date: 30% of the land portion will be retained. Flights are neither refundable nor modifiable.
- Between 35 and 21 days before the departure date: 80% of the total price of the trip.
- Between 20 and 0 days before the departure date: 100% of the total price of the trip.
The bank charges resulting from the refund transfer will be borne by the customer.
In case of departure during the high season, special cancellation conditions may apply.
- More than 120 days before the departure date: 15% of the deposit of the land part will be retained. Flights are not refundable.
- Between 119 days and 90 days before the departure date: 25% of the land portion will be retained. Flights are neither refundable nor modifiable.
- Between 89 days and 35 days before departure date: 35% of the land portion will be retained, flights are non-refundable and not subject to change.
- Between 35 and 25 days before the departure date: 90% of the total price of the trip.
- Between 24 and 0 days before the departure date: 100% of the total price of the trip.
Special COVID-19 cancellation conditions.
If the traveler does not meet the entry/exit conditions for French and Colombian territory, the “classic” cancellation conditions will be applied.
In the exceptional case of closure of the borders between Colombia and France, the following land service cancellation conditions apply:
- Cancellation free of charge up to 15 days before the start date of the trip
- Between 14 and 8 days before the departure date: 50% cancellation fee
- Less than 8 days from the start of the stay: 100% cancellation fees
Domestic flights are not refundable or modifiable unless the customer has taken this option in the travel proposal.
If the cancellation of the trip is not justified by the closure of the borders between the two countries, then MAGELIA COLOMBIA SAS will apply the “classic” cancellation policies.
Bank charges resulting from the refund transfer will be borne by the customer. For any cancellation request, please contact us to make an official cancellation request.
Regarding refunds, they will be made at the same exchange rate as that of the amounts paid.
If the trip is interrupted, shortened or modified in any way, Magelia Colombia SAS will not be able to make any refund. Any modification of the stay (activities, hotel, transport, etc.) will be invoiced to you.
In case of force majeure (natural disasters, political or security problems, etc.) Magelia Colombia SAS reserves the right to cancel the trip and to retain the amount of the deposit and the trip according to its cancellation terms.
If the traveler is diagnosed positive for COVID-19 during his stay, the traveler will be solely responsible for all costs relating to his isolation, diagnostic test, etc.
Each traveller is responsible for his personal belongings and Magelia Colombia SAS cannot, under any circumstances, be held responsible for the breakage or theft of your luggage or personal belongings. They are the sole responsibility of the traveller. Similarly, Magelia Colombia SAS cannot be held responsible for accidents resulting from travellers’ recklessness.
Each traveller is required to verify that he/she is in possession of all necessary and valid documents required to enter the desired country (passport, visa, vaccinations, etc.). Magelia Colombia SAS cannot be held responsible for any trip cancelled, modified or shortened due to a missing document.
Finally, and in accordance with Colombian law 679 of 3 August 2001, Magelia Colombia informs travellers that sexual exploitation and abuse of minors is punishable by deprivation of liberty and administrative penalties in accordance with the laws in force.
5. COMPLAINTS AND COMPLAINTS
Any complaint (disagreement, non-completion of part of the circuit, etc.) must be sent by the customer by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt to Magelia Colombia SAS. If no agreement is reached during the conciliation, the Courts of Bucaramanga in Colombia will be deemed competent. Magelia Colombia SAS is a Colombian company registered with the Chamber of Commerce of Bucaramanga, Colombia.