10 days / 9 nights
from 1 015€
Discovery the must-sees
All year round
Between 20°C and 35°C
To visit the must-see places in Colombia.
To discover 35.000 unique gold pieces in the Gold Museum.
To spend the night in an authentic coffee farm.
To watch the magnificent Condor of the Andes.
To take a historical walk in Cartagena.
To relax on paradise on the Rosario Island.
To go fruit tasting and try typical dishes with the locals.
To swim in the beaches of Tayrona National Natural Park.
from 1 015€
09 83 61 62 03
DAY 1 : Arrival to Colombia.
DAY 2 : Visit of the historic center of Bogota and emerals tour.
DAY 3 : Arrival to the coffee region to visit and spend the night in a coffee farm.
DAY 4 : Visit the colourful village of Salento and the Cocora valley. Plant a wax palm, watch the Andean Condor and taste the typical dish of the region.
DAY 5 : Arrival to Cartagena.
DAY 6 : Historical walking tour of Cartagena and its most important monuments.
DAY 7 : Day at the beach, relaxing and enjoying the Caribbean way of life.
DAY 8 : Transfer to Tayrona National Natural Park.
DAY 9 : Hike inside the park in search of the most beautiful, wild and luxuriant beaches. Return to Bogotá at the end of the day.
DAY 10 : Visit the incredible salt cathedral in Zipaquirá. Return to your country of origin.
Day 1: Departure for Colombia
D-Day has finally arrived. Departure towards Colombia.
- Arrival in Colombia.
- Reception at the airport and transfer to your hotel.
- Overnight in Bogota in a charming boutique hotel in the historic center.
Day 2: Bogotá, 2,600 meters closer to the stars
La Candelaria is a fascinating neighbourhood of the Colombian capital.
- Visit the Plaza de Bolívar, the Palace of Justice, the Primada Cathedral and the Casa de Nariño, the Presidential Palace, etc.
- Discover the gold museum, unique in its kind, it houses the largest collection of pre-Hispanic gold-smithery in the world with more than 35,000 objects.
- Lunch, el Ajiaco. It is a soup made with 3 different types of potatoes, corn on the cob, chicken and guasca, an aromatic herb, served with fresh cream, capers, rice and avocado.
- Emeralds tours. The emerald is a typical Colombian gemstone.
- Emeralds traders wait in the street for buyers in complete safety. It is a fascinating cultural exchange. This is not a tour to buy emeralds but rather to know the informality of certain trades in the country.
- Overnight in Bogotá.
Day 3: The coffee region
Colombian coffee is internationally recognized for its incomparable aroma and quality.
- Transfer to the airport to fly to Pereira.
- Travel to a magnificent coffee farm or hacienda. You will be surrounded by dozens of hectares of coffee plantations. The aroma of this drink will wake you up in the morning like a sweet hug.
- Enjoy a coffee tour, an experience to learn everything about this drink.
- Stroll through the coffee plantations with your guide to learn about the different varieties of this rich drink.
- Coffee tasting.
- Dinner and overnight in this magnificent coffee farm. The owners also live there, they will make you feel at home!.
Day 4: The tallest palm tree in the world
Salento, known as the village of 1000 colours, is one of the most beautiful villages in Colombia.
- In the central square of the village, you will get into a Willis jeep, a 4 wheeels car from the 1940s, widely used in the region.
- Arrival to the Cocora Valley, cradle of the national tree: the wax palm. They rise to more than 70 meters.
- Walking tour or horseback ride (optional) in the valley.
- In the sky, you will probably watch the magnificent Andean Condor!
- Typical lunch in one of the best restaurants in the region. A tasty rainbow trout accompanied by a super crispy fried plantain banana with its delicious “hogao”, a sauce prepared with tomatoes, cumin and onions.
- Return to Salento to visit the village.
- Dinner and overnight at the coffee farm.
Day 5: The pearl of the Caribbean
Departure from this beautiful region located in the heart of the mountains to discover the Pearl of the Caribbean: Cartagena de Indias.
- Return to the airport to take a flight to Cartagena.
- Arrival to Cartagena and transfer to your hotel located inside the walled city.
- Afternoon at leisure to stroll through the magnificent alleys and begin to discover this sumptuous city.
- Overnight in Cartagena in a pretty colonial boutique hotel.
Day 6 : Cartagena’s true face
Cartagena de Indias is a magnificent city in the Caribbean classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The city had a key role in the administration of the Spanish Empire as well as in the slave trade.
- Walking tour in the old town accompanied by a local english-speaking guide.
- Overview of the most important monuments of the walled city such as the Palace of the Inquisition, Plaza Santo Domingo, the Street of the Martyrs and the Clock Tower.
- Spend the afternoon at leisure.
- Overnight in Cartagena.
Day 7 : the turquoise Caribbean sea
The Rosario archipelago has 27 easily accessible islands.
- Transfer to the port of Cartagena to take the hotel boat to the islands.
- Panoramic tour of these magnificent islands lined with coconut palms, white sand and turquoise sea.
- Relax for the day on a private beach in an exclusive hotel in the Rosario Islands.
- Have a typical lunch of fried fresh fish, fried plantain, coconut rice and salad.
- Return in the afternoon by boat to Cartagena.
- Overnight in Cartagena.
Day 8 : Santa Marta, the first city built in Latin America
Santa Marta is the first city built by the Spaniards in South America. It is located between the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta (highest coastal massif in the world, with 5,775 m of altitude just 42 km from the sea) and the Caribbean Sea.
- Transfer to Santa Marta by private car.
- On the way, enjoy the beautiful road between the marsh and the sea.
- Stop in Barranquilla for lunch in a traditional restaurant.
- Overnight in Santa Marta in a magnificent colonial boutique hotel.
Day 9 : The magnificent Tayrona National Natural Park
With 32km² of maritime area, the Tayrona National Natural Park is home to dozens of wild and wonderful beaches and is the habitat of hundreds of species of birds and mammals uniques in the world.
- Transfer to the entrance of the Park then start your hike in the tropical forest.
- Watch the birds and listen to the monkeys jumping on the trees.
- Arrival at the wonderful beach of Arrecifes. Continue to “la piscina” and Cabo San Juan to enjoy a bath in the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea.
- Return to the park entrance to join your driver and head to the airport to fly back to Bogota.
- Overnight in Bogotá.
Day 10 : the amazing Salt Cathedral
A former mine converted into a place of worship, the Salt Cathedral presents a fine collection of salt and marble sculptures. It is called an architectural jewel of modernity.
- Transfer by private car to Zipaquirá.
- Visit to the Salt Cathedral.
- Return to Bogota airport to catch your flight back to your country of origin.
This price includes
Domestic flights on a regular airline and in economy class.
Accommodation for 9 nights in a double room in charming 3* hotels boutique with breakfast.
Meals as specified in the itinerary.
Visits, entries and activities indicated in the program with english-speaking private guide.
All land transportation in private service without guide and with Spanish-speaking driver.
All maritime transportation in shared service.
English-speaking phone assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Estimated price per person and on the basis of 4 participants.
This price doesn’t include
Tips and carrying luggage.
Drinks and meals not mentioned in the program.
Visits, excursions and activities not mentioned.
Individual equipment such as protective mask, hydroalcoholic gel, sunscreen, glasses, warm clothes, walking shoes, hat, personal pharmacy, etc.
Colombian VAT in accommodation (foreigners are exempt).
International payment fees (possibility of paying by bank transfer free of charge).
Cancellation and repatriation insurance (please consult us).
Helpful blog entries
Tours not to be missed
You might also be interested in…
15 days/ 14 nights
à partir de 1 870€
Explore from the Amazon rainforest to the Pacific Ocean and watch pink dolphins, monkeys and ...
Jewels of Colombia
18 days / 17 nights
à partir de 1 745€
Discover Barichara, the enigmatic archaeological remains and the emblematic Cartagena de ...
Flora and Fauna
14 days/13 nights
à partir de 1543€
Observe tropical animals, meet the locals and visit Colombia from north to south in this tour ...
Your tailor-made stay
each trip is unique
Magelia Colombia accompanies you for a unique experience in Colombia. You will benefit from a privileged contact who will be able to guide you throughout your stay!
They take care of everything
Globe-trotter or local child, at Magelia Colombia we know how to carry out the project of your dreams because we know Colombia!
Child of the country